Sunday, June 26, 2005

Went to church at Trinity this morning. Not only was it a great message, but I enjoyed sitting among my church family. I had the great pleasure of sitting with Cindy and Ted Dreyer. There is nothing like being treated like one of the family by people that one hasn't seen in a very long time. I can't believe I didn't visit sooner.

Last nights blog was pretty crazy; I was tired and overwhelmed from seeing Britt, Aunt Mary, Uncle Phil, Phil, and the youth who are well on their way to being productive members of society. I feel like a big sister to most of them. To think, it was only a couple years ago that us girls dressed up in outfits of random craziness and planted ourselves as statues in the unfinished front flower bed. Then we decided that it would be more fun to do silly walks and stop mid motion whenever a car went by. I think I was wearing one of those Huge foam cowboy hats, like the ones one would find at a concert, 80's spandex pants with fish all over them, an old track tank over a crazy goalie shirt, platform shoes (one pink, one white), a black and white floral scarf, with a sack over my shoulder and a strange muskrat puppet on my hand. Yup......we literally stopped traffic! The other girls had some pretty crazy get ups as well, however, I think Britt's may have been the most dramatic; my old black track spandex with a white tank and a dark purple velvet jacket, and last but not least, the old black hunting hat and aviator goggles. I miss those days........hmmm........I don't have any flowers in front of my house right now.........I wonder if Oxford could handle my crazy ideas!

Overall, a good day filled with good memories. This afternoon, I will get to do one of my favorite things at one of my favorite places; blading miles and miles of metropark trails by Bonnie Park in Strongsville! Then it's off to see a play that a friend of Phil's is in and get dinner at Tommy's. Should be interesting, his plays are always unique and Tommy's is supposedly some natural foods, healthy living restaurant for health junkies....should be yummy!

No comments:

Project Playlist