Sunday, June 26, 2005

Dorothy's shoes

I called this place home for most of my life, but it is strange to be back. After only a half hour here, I found myself almost in tears. Not only did I get to see my best friend, I got to see some of my church family from Trinity Church in Middleburg Hts. It just so happened that Kate, a member of the church, returned from this summer's Russian mission through OMS International. We all went up to Hopkins, 4 min. away from here, to greet her. It made me miss the days of backpacking trips with the Dreyers, blading with Heidi, and the whole family atmosphere that is a part of the ministry at Trinity. I didn't realize how much I miss that. Oxford is great, but it is a place that is set far apart from a lot of people that I love. Makes me wonder why I am there. God, please show me the reason.

Nope, I am not moving back here. I am not running back here.
No, nuh uh, not doin it!

I am tired of closing doors on people and places and opportunities. There will be no more shutting people out.

More emotional today than I thought it would be. I suppose that's why Dorothy clicked her ruby/silver slippers.

No comments:

Project Playlist