Friday, July 13, 2007

Streams of fish...wait, I mean consciousness!

Well, since I said I would work on writing even when I feel like I don't have anything to say.....that's what I am doing. Right now. Right here. I am writing....Lalala! Just writing away..... So, how about those clouds, eh? Speaking of "eh" I want to go fishing. How does this remind me of fishing? Well, my dad has been going up to Norcan Lake in Calabogie, Ontario for a long time now.....and at different times, my brothers and I have had the opportunity to go with him. In fact, we just went last summer! I think it was the most relaxing trip I have ever been on....even in the midst of all the crap that I was going through. We stayed in a simple little cabin (this one in fact, but without there was no tv) with one bedroom and a pull out bed.... The kitchen was modest, but I decided that it was the best kitchen I had ever cooked in because of the windows and overall brightness! I miss long days on the boat....fishing for panfish, and northerns....The bass are usually spawning, and thus, out of season. However, they tend to bite like crazy! I am not talking little ones, but huge fatties! My favorite methods tend to be simple...1. an ultralite with a softbodied jig with a weighted hook. 2. an ultralite with a rooster tail, cream worm, or a jitterbug. 3. fly fishing! ( I have only done it once.....but whoa....as peaceful as it is beautiful) Besides these three, trolling can be great too, and I don't mind using spinners and such.....I just have to be in the mood. Of course, my absolute favorite part is talking to my dad about fishing...looking at the new lures that he has created. He also makes rods....one day I would like for him to make one for me... This last time at Norcan, my brother and I finally learned how to filet fish...I thought I would hate it, but it turns out that it's actually fun. Yah, that's right fun....
I need to buy an Ohio fishing license as soon as we figure out our living situation!

Intercession....

Okay, after all that talk about fishing and nature I just wanted to get out there so I went out for a walk in the cool of the evening. I love late night walks. It's been many years, but I still remember the late night walks that my mom, her friends, and their daughters (who were also my good friends) used to take. We would walk the dark country roads and talk and listen to the gravel shoulders crunch beneath our feet. Gosh, those were good times. I miss the country, can you tell? Don't get me wrong, I am quite content where I am now....because I know it's precisely where God would have me, but sometimes it's nice to dream of cool summer nights, and old friends and fish....

Tonight as I walked I talked on the phone with my dad a bit....I listened to him make fun of tree huggers and ecologists......and then I told him a bit about energy conservation and being wise about our treatment of God's creation. He received it well, but I don't expect that he'll change his lifestyle any time soon....Who knows though, more awesome things have happened in my dad already! God is good.

Basically, after talking to Glenn and Cathy, after their trip to Yellowstone....and since God has been giving me more of a heart for His creation in general....a lot of my thoughts on my walk seemed to revolve around the stars....I decided that I don't appreciate them enough. In fact, I used to get bored looking at them. However, I think it's just a matter of going to a place where I can really see them....a place without the light pollution of the city...a place of peace; quiet....

Okay....so that's that... I wrote something like I said I would..... and to think all I could start with is a La la la!

1 comment:

cincinnatisipe said...

Wow! What you just wrote just brought back a lot of memories of my own. I miss living in the country to. You just can't beat the small town (Mayberry) type stetting.

Project Playlist