Monday, December 20, 2004

Last night I got to spend time with the people at Veritas. There was good food and great company. We didn't do a study but that was ok. It was nice to just hang out. That is why I don't understand why I found myself in tears on the way home. I just couldn't help it. Why is it so hard for me to put myself out there. Why can't I just socialize normally? I want nothing more than to be close to people, but it's as if I don't know how. My family thinks it's abandonment from my past, but I don't understand why that would keep me from this. I have to force myself to leave my room. I have to force myself to leave the house. I have to force myself to talk to people. I don't understand why this is happening now. I thought I was over this part of my life. I am not an abandoned child anymore, where the hurt is coming from, I don't understand. So what if I was left on porches, at grocery stores, at home, at church, at the baby sitters. It happens to kids all the time and they deal. Sometimes, I still start panicking in the store when I get separated from my mom. I just don't understand anything anymore and I wish the pain would just go away. I don't want to be a recluse. I don't want to hurt people that I love by being a hermit. I just want to feel that love for people and be able to feel thier love back. I can't take a compliment or trust anyone. I just want to be free. God, I need your peace.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Time for new blog. :) Miss you! Sorry I didn't get to see you before I came home......we need to hook up when I get back...and when you get back (you did go home, right)?

Love you!

Kimmy

glenn said...

Father, speak to Kara of the coming possibilities of the peace that passes all understanding and of the peace that even surpasses all her troubles and barriers. Fill her with the courage to invite others inside her journey in ways she hasn't experienced yet. Unlock all she needs to know and see as you work your way into the center of all that remains hidden.

Project Playlist