Monday, December 13, 2004

Writing in the Sky, Here comes the Delivery Guy

Tonight at Veritas we had a little chat about humility. I guess that's where blogging fits in for me. Ironically, it is not because I mind sharing my misgivings. it's because I am a recovering blog critic. Don't worry though, I have been clean for 3 months and 62 days! I held out from blogging up 'til a few minutes ago, but so far it feels great! "hehe!"

Okay, so all joking aside. I have some pretty big walls around me that I have, myself, constructed. They are the kind that I can't just leave behind. Fortunately, I have hope, through Christ, who loved me so much that He died for my sins. It is this enigmatically simple love that pulls me out of the most overwhelming depths of despair. When I think I am the most unloveable He whispers, "You are loved by the most high." When I think that I have fallen from His grace He says, "Your brother was dead but now he lives." When I squander my gifts He says, "You are forgiven." If not for His unconditional love I would not breathe.

Now I sit here listening to "My Deliverer is Coming" by Rich Mullins. It is all I can do to keep from going nutso from the lonliness of this world. I have let my feelings of inadequacy get the best of me, but I do not know how to let go of the pride from where it stems. There is something about praise and worship that allows me to find relief from it all. I praise him for this point of solace in my life. There is no worry about inadequacy, there is freedom. It's about the truth and the praise that pour from the hearts of those who love Him.

Before I finish, I just want to praise God for gifting me with the presence of His love through the faces of my brothers and sisters. Kimmie, Jenny, Steve, Ken, Mom, Dad, and all Veritassians thank you for allowing Christ to shine through you and deliver messages of hope to this weary, akward soul.

No comments:

Project Playlist