Friday, March 23, 2007

The Moving Blues

Well, it has been a long time since I last posted. There are a lot of things that I have to say, but not enough time to say them. Thus, I will have to catch everyone up at a later date. For now I can tell you a few things that are going on in my life. First of all, I am living in Oxford with one of the most awesome people I know, Kim Birchfield (God always seems to bless me with FANTASTIC housemates!). Before we got our place in January, the Johnsons graciously let me stay with them. I am super excited that we Finally got our furniture and I now get to sleep in my favorite bed of all time. There is nothing like one's own bed! AHHHHH!!! Also, once I unpack everything, I am looking forward to having Glenn and Cathy over for a long overdue dinner.

As I have been unpacking today, I have decided that I really want to get rid of stuff. I have too much stuff! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for my stuff. Unfortunately, all of this stuff doesn't lend itself to a transient lifestyle. There are a few things that I would like to keep. These include my bed, of course, and my desk. Sadly, the bed is quite large and impractical and the desk is hard to move. I just can't seem to part with my big old metal teacher's desk. There is just nothing like sitting at a huge and solid desk.

The other thing I don't like about moving is the expense! Even with a good deal, I spent a good amount of money on a uhaul. What really got me was the fuel. I just can't afford to keep moving. If I didn't move for another 2 years, I think it would be too soon. The reality is that we will probably be moving again in July. That is, unless Kim is also as tired of moving as I am....hmmmm??? I suppose it comes down to what God wants for me in all of this. After all, this life is not my own.

2 comments:

jen leonard said...

hey friend -

hip . . . hip . . . hooray . . . for blogging!

it was great to see you . . . we should definetly hang out again soon.

keep blogging . . . or else :)

have a beautiful rainy day!

jen leonard said...

hey . . . i don't know if you got my im, but i am so sorry last friday did not work out. i did not get your comment till late that night . . . hopefully you can forgive me . . . plus you get to see me it like 2.5 days . . . how flipping exciting is that. hope you had a good week and that everything went well with the doctor's appointment. see you soon.
-jen leonard

Project Playlist