Monday, May 23, 2005

Anybody up for an infomercial?

Forever and a day - precisely how long it's been since I last blogged. There is no telling when, or if, I will ever be an accomplished journal keeper. In fact, it may even be necessary attend therapy about this. Hey, that's an idea! Maybe I could make some self help cassettes for fellow journal flunkies. A quick list of what I might need:
1. exquisitely disgusting, ridiculously exhuberant, and ultimately nauseating narrator
2. equally repulsive cheesey music
3. key phrases such as: "journal flunkies are people too!" "journal flunkies increase the value of journal successes; they play an imperative role in life." "some people need to keep journals because they suffer long term memory loss. . .you must be a genius! " "You are too busy making memories to write about them!"
4. a list of people considered successful who are/were journal flunkies too

Okay, Okay, I know, I know! I may not be able to sell one (especially if it's on cassette), but I am confident that I am not alone in failing to keep up my blog. For this, I apologize. That being said, this is me, get over it. And so it goes, I am a perpetually sporadic writer; one day there will be a hummdinger, and the next will be not even hum, and there is no telling when the singing will occur.

hmmmm.....so what has happened since I last blogged?

Well, the semester started out better than the last one ended. The hardest part was attempting to find my niche in the Miami community. I am older than most of my classmates, but not as old as my professors. I am an inbeetweenie weenie (this and all future rhymes are dedicated to my mother who rhymes or cutsies everything she says! - I love you mom!). I suppose that I can't complain. God has overwhelmingly blessed the department that holds the reigns of my education. I have spent more time in heart to heart chats, lunches, and tutoring sessions with my professors than I have spent in class. God's glory is shining through in a million different ways, even without the explicit consent of the participants. This is just one way that my GOD ROCKS MY WORLD! Through the tears and the laughter He is there.


Okay so it almost 4am and I am pooped. It would probably be good to get to bed before sunrise. Oh yah, I also have to take out the garbage...STINK, literally, it reeks! I need to get used to putting my garbage out on sunday nights here at good ol' 617!

Peace Out...Do svidanya (goodbye) i (and) spakonyay nochay (goodnight)

1 comment:

The ZenFo Pro said...

"This is just one way that my GOD ROCKS MY WORLD! Through the tears and the laughter He is there."

I love that line! Wow.

And I think you're doing just fine as a journal keeper. As a non-student in Oxford who keeps getting mistaken for a student, I can relate.

Take care!

Jasoba Fett

Project Playlist